What is the victory of a cat on a hot tin roof? Just staying on it I guess, long as she can.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Tangential ramblings.

I am so excited to hear that Lilly Heine is now selling a couple of items in Topshop! I blogged about her MA collection from Central St Martin's earlier this year. I LOVE the t-shirt below... if only I could afford the £250 price tag I would be having a very trendy Christmas...

Following a tangent, I stumbled across these amusing snippets from Vogue magazine in 1924:






The November 1924 Vogue cover - why don't we have such glamorous cover art any more?

So now you know the answer to such pressing questions as those above! I especially like the disapproval of "too exaggerated fashions" - I wonder what the then Editor of Vogue would have said if she could have seen the flamboyant and expressionist fashion around today.


And to add another tangent to my already fairly random post, Talkin' Bout a Revolution by Tracy Chapman was brought onto my radar by a friend last night. Since then I have been totally hooked by her soulful voice and meaningful lyrics. The theme of fighting back against unjust systems that block progress is very fitting, in my opinion, for the current climate of societal change engineered by the Tory government. Let us optimistically hope that progress is not blocked from anyone, with regards to the incoming fee hike and education reforms. 

No comments: